I have only recently migrated to Gentoo from RedHat and so far it's been
fairly smooth and uneventfull.

The only problem I am having is with scp. I have openssh installed, and
can ssh into the box, but cannot copy files to the box with scp. When I
try, I get asked for my password (as expected), then the session just
sits there, doing nothing.

I have tried turning on debug mode on the sshd, and using -v on the scp
client, but neither have shed much light on the subject.

# sshd -version
sshd: illegal option -- v
sshd version OpenSSH_3.6.1p2

I have checked the Gentoo web forums, but cannot see any reports of
similar problems.

It's probably something obvious that I'm simply overlooking, but it has
me stumped at the moment.

Any help or pointers to documentation or tests would be appreciated.

--
Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC.    http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
     Asking for technical help in newsgroups?  Read this first: