Ian Truelsen wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:53:37 +0100
Dhruba Bandopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes.  To my utter surprise not one person has caught onto the proper
way to deal with this request.  Simply inject a stub to make portage
think apache2 is installed.

emerge -i net-www/apache-2.0.47

Interestingly, I have been trying to do this with qmail for a while to avoid accidentally emerging ssmtp as an unexpected dependency of something and screwing up my qmail installation. I have never gotten it to work. I issue the command emerge -i net-mail/qmail-1.03-r8 and it says that it is injected. However, there is no entry in the world file and emerge world is still trying to install ssmtp occassionally. Quite annoying.

Is this working for others?

If you inject a stub for qmail there is no reason why ssmtp should be blocked too. Stubs are only good for the package which you specified and no others.