I think I saw somewhere at the gentoo docs that you shouldn't start gentoo
install unless you have a decent amount of RAM, i think it was 64MB.
However, from my personal experience I can tell that installing gentoo on
p2 233 with 128 mb RAM takes a very long time -- more than 24 hours if you
also compile X. So, I'd advise you to perform all the installation on the
other computer and then just transfer the disk to that pentium machine.