* Timo Boettcher (2003-07-13 16:43 +0200)
> Nachricht vom Sonntag, 13. Juli 2003, 16:04:21:
>> * Spida (2003-07-13 15:10 +0200)
>>>     I want to setup a Gentoo Mirror for an install at my local
>>>     Linux-User-Group (They have only ISDN/64kbit Inet).
>>>     I did read that docs on this, and whereas the docs for setting
>>>     up the rsync part of the mirror are ok, information on the
>>>     distfiles-part isn't that complete.
>>>     In the docs is mentioned that the distfiles mirror will be around
>>>     30-40GB, but in the Forums I read something about 3-4GB.

>> The docs are for the official distfile mirrors. Yours is
>> "du -sh /usr/portage/distfiles"

> But that will give me only the space for what I have installed.
> I need the complete set because I don't know what the guys at my lug
> want.

30-40 GB. There is a rsync howto in the forums. You shouldn't try to
mirror all distfiles - it makes no sense. Mirror only those that are
requested.

Q: I run a private source mirror for my company. Can I still access
the private master source mirror?

A: Because our resources are limited, we need to ensure we allocate
them in such a way to provide the maximum amount of benefit to our
users. As such, we limit connections to our master rsync and distfile
mirrors to public mirrors only. Users are welcome to use our regular
mirror system to establish a private source mirror.

--
 children under the age of 18