On Sunday 13 July 2003 11:37 am, Svein Harald Soleim wrote:

> erhm httpd is not just apache, the attpd package is an httpd server for
> emacs what you want to do is "emerge apache"

Ok, I see where I got screwed up.

something called for an update of apache. The package that was downloaded was
httpd. I assumed that httpd was the gentoo name.

Now, I see that there are two packages that download something named httpd,
one is apache, the other is httpd. My bad.

Now, the bigger question is: Why isn't the apache download named apache
instead of httpd?

The way it exists today is somewhat confusing.

--

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.