Hi everyone,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 01:45:17PM +1000, Peter Stewart wrote:

> I'm looking for recomendations for the purchase of a TV Tuner Card. I'm looking to
> use the computer as a video recorder, so being able to achieve this under Gentoo
> would be a priority as I don't realy want to do this under Windows...
>
> Also, if anybody has already done this could you give me any suggestions that would
> guide me through any issues that may arise.
I have just bought a Hauppauge WinTV Theater a couple of days from eBay,
and I'm just trying to get MythTV up and running.

Getting the TV card running was quite easy, just modprobe bttv, and it
works. Together wit xawtv it produces directly TV output.

MythTV getting to run is quite another story ;)) (TV programs for Germany
do not work very well, it doesn't like satellite receivers and so on)
But it is a challenge I'm willing to take ;)

CU all,
Jens
--
GPG: 1024D/CF884D50  F2E8 F7FC F823 6464 4E9D  EFAB 6EE9 8B9C CF88 4D50