Robin H.Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 10:47:10PM +0200, Denys Duchier wrote:
>> I'd really appreciate if anyone could throw some light on this rather
>> puzzling situation.
> The user and group id# on slocate changed.

What ebuild was responsible for this change?  If it was slocate, then
this still does not explain the situation since slocate-2.7-r2.ebuild
(which is the ebuild installed on my system) is careful to chown files
and directories to the proper user (root) and group (slocate).  I
checked the CVS history of that ebuild and it appears to have done the
right thing from the start.  So what gives?

I really wish to understand what went wrong.  As before, I'd be
grateful for any hints.

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier