-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Stubbs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 3:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No usb mouse support, after 12 re-compiles.
Missing modules? USB support proper also fails...

On Thursday 24 July 2003 15:29, Cox HSI Mail wrote:
> <Anubis> still can't get usb mouse support working
> <Anubis> It seems like I get a different system with each new install
using
> the same configs
> <Anubis> wtf?
> <Anubis> if I compile as modular, all the modules are not availible
> <Anubis> if I compile proper, like when it worked before, I get nothing as
> well.

Now, this may sound stupid but it's working (?) for me. I've got everything
compiled in, running ck-sources. I've had the same thing with hardware
sometimes working and sometimes not, after recompiling with what I believe
be the same config - also showing usb, hid, even the mouse itself in dmesg.
Anyway, for the mouse, have you tried plugging it in after everything is
started? The Gentoo Desktop Configuration Guide says the mouse has to be
plugged in when xfree86 starts up but it doesn't for me cause I use it as an
auxillary mouse. Anyway, if I plug it in after the system has already
started
I never have a problem. However, if it's plugged in when the system starts
up, I usually can't use it unless I plug it into a different USB port and
then change back again. Weird! I suggest to try the following:

<unplug your mouse>
<boot up>
/etc/init.d/xfs stop
<plug in your mouse>
/etc/init.d/xfs start

Of course, if this does work for you, it's definately not a fix. Just a
terrible, terrible hack. Let me know if it works or if you do figure out
what
is going on.

Jason

Thanks J. I tried this as well to no avail. Like Isaid, before when it
worked, it lit up from the moment thecomputer was turned on. Now nothing
regardless of what I do.

I truley cannot believe this:(
Perfect instyall up til damn mouse configuration. Is it the Kernel, Gentoo's
patches, or me?

I will try vanilla-sources next. Shit, I can't do that unless I oatch with
xfs. This is more headache than it should be.