Collins Richey wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:39:33 +0100
Dhruba Bandopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin Hayes wrote:

Have just installed G2 using stage1-x86-20030717.tar.bz2 and get
the following during boot, can anyone shed some light on the
xargs: error message,

Update baselayout.  The version 1.8.6.9 of baselayout fixes this error
and many other ones too.

Which, it turns out is masked!  It would be nice to know when we have a
stable version of baselayout again.  I've been sitting on baselayout for
a couple of weeks now.

Later posts seem to say that the masked version doesn't really fix
everything.

Baselayout 1.8.6.9 is a bugfix release with only a few minor features additions. It does take care of the xargs error and many more. I have not had any problems with it. After a little more time in testing I'm sure it'll be moved over to stable.

In the meantime, you can add baselayout to /etc/portage/package.unmask if you wish to emerge it.