This seems a bit odd. I'm installing gentoo on a box that has a 3Com
3cSOHO100-TX network card. The card works fine when booting off the CD
and seems to use the 3c59x module, but after the install, using the same
module, the card does not work. I've double checked the kernel and all
settings seem correct. I've checked the /etc/conf.d/net file and
everything is fine there (the system is setup to use DHCP but it also
doesn't work when I give it a static IP either). The module loads during
boot up but the system hangs when it gets to the network card , and
finally times out. Has anyone had any success using one of these cards
before? I have two systems running perfectly using the 3Com 3c905C-TX
cards with exactly the same settings. Anyone have any ideas as to what
might be wrong?

Regards,
Jason Giangrande