emerge -C Test-Simple File-Spec; emerge -pv perl; emerge Test-Simple File-Spec

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 22:29, Alberto Bert wrote:
Hi,

I've update perl but emerge don't want do it.

bash-2.05b# emerge -pv perl

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[blocks B    ] <dev-perl/Test-Simple-0.47-r1 (from pkg
dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12)
[blocks B    ] <dev-perl/File-Spec-0.84-r1 (from pkg
dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12)
[ebuild    U ] dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12 [5.8.0-r10] +berkdb -doc +gdbm
-threads

bash-2.05b# emerge perl
Calculating dependencies ...done!

!!! Error: the <dev-perl/Test-Simple-0.47-r1 package conflicts with this
package and both can't be installed on the same system together.

What does it mean and what should I do?

Thanks a lot,

alb

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master."

In 1968 it took the computing power of 2 C-64's to fly a rocket to the
moon. Now, in 1998 it takes the Power of a Pentium 200 to run Microsoft
Windows 95. Something must have gone wrong.

Faith can move mountains. I prefer dynamite.

"I believe in adaptation (Human Adaptation), not evolution!"

"When will you switch to Windows?" he asked.  "When they pry Linux from
my cold, dead hands!" I replied.

The credibility of the Christian religion is based upon documents which were extensively altered!

"Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic." Jean Sibelius