I run reiserfs on my laptop and have for over a year.  I suspend every
day, and on monday, my laptop is dead because I never plugged it in/used
it.  Thats every weekend this past year plus some.  Monday morning I
power up, every thing is peachy.  Just for shits and giggles I ran
reiserfsck on the fs from the gentoo cd.  no problems found anywhere.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it mr. ext3 man;)

Paul