Ok, everyone. ext[23] has POSIX ACL support. Why not ACL some group out
of any dir off of "/" they don't need, and only give them execute on
/bin, /usr, /usr/bin, etc etc.

Or something to that effect. ACLs are great for all kinds of mischief,
but they can be difficult to maintain if you don't design things well
before you start changing things.

Also, you might want to make sure either tar, cpio, or whatever other
backup tool support these things. I don't know if ACLs are currently
supported through some sort of EAs or what.

Just a thought.