On 6.8.2003 20:43 Mark Knecht wrote:

Athlon XP, NForce2 board.

A little bit of Googling around yielded that as recently as April 2003 there were Windows XP driver updates for that chipset having to do with hard drive controllers. I wonder if the installation process has provided you with equivalent Linux drivers? Or do equivalent Linux drivers even exist yet?

Is there a kernel option for NForce chipsets like there is for AMD, Via,
Intel, etc? Or are you using a vanilla kernel configuration?

I have an MSI board with NForce2 and it seems that the NForce2 IDE controller is based on (or is) one of the AMD chips. A quick look shows me that I have at least CONFIG_BLK_DEV_AMD74XX=y in my .config.

Best Regards,
Jussi Sirpoma