On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 20:42, Doug Weimer wrote:

> Is the new kernel the same version as your old one? I ask because if
> both kernels are version 2.4.20-gentoo-r2 then there may be modules
> lying around /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r2 that you did not configure
> into the new kernel. If you are recompiling a kernel it is best to move
> the old module tree out of the way before running 'make
> modules_install'.

It was, and this could be part of the problem. Thanks. I guess I can
still just do that since it's the last step in the process, correct?

> This should be 'modprobe usb-ohci', don't provide the .o when using
> modprobe.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Doug

Darn, it's always the simple stuff! modprobe usb-uhci worked fine.

Thanks! The USB UPS is now seen just fine.

I wonder if I'll remember this 6 months from now? ;-)

Cheers,
Mark