On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 09:27, Nicholas Potter wrote:
> I have the same card on a laptop (i810), and it seems to be loaded in the
> kernel, but I will be damned if I can get the sound to work at all.  The
> driver is compiled into the kernel, and dmesg gives that it is loading
> properly, but I can't get any sound.

it sounds like a terrible solution, but here it is: go out and buy
another sound card.  they're like $20 these days (for an ok one) and the
time and energy i poured into getting mine to work (it never did) was
just not worth it.

--
i know not with what weapons world war III will be fought,
but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.