On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Alberto Bert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a dual boot win and gentoo and I decided to use the GTM time for
> the linux kernel, but I would like to see my local time.
>
> Unfortunately windows seem to touch the time and in gentoo I've always a
> wrong time.
>
> I think this is an old problem... Is there any way to overcome it?

Windows doesn't understand the concept of GMT.  Time is only localtime.
So if you dual boot Windows and Linux, then you either have to deal with
the time being wrong in one of them or tell Linux not to use GMT.

Edit /etc/rc.conf and set CLOCK="local".

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating