Hi,
   I'm looking at a very small problem on my new Gentoo kernel where I get
the message while booting

modprobe: can't locate module /dev/rtc

   From googling around it appears that the recommended solution to this
(comment if you disagree) is to compile enhanced rtc support into my kernel
(it's not in there right now) AND to create /dev/rtc using the mknod command
with a major number 10 and a minor number 135.

   It may be that I don't really need to create the

QUESTION 1: Is this correct?

mknod /dev/rtc 10 135

Or do I need to add the c option since it says make a 'character' special
file?

mknod /dev/rtc c 10 135

QUESTION 2: Is there a way to see the major and minor numbers, along with
the type of device an existing character or block special file is once it
exists in /dev? I cannot find the sort of intuitive 'lsnod' command. How
does one make sure that the major minor numbers don't trample on each other?

Thanks in advance,
Mark