does anyone know about a tool for monitoring my isdn (normal voice calls) and/or isdn
fax?
at the moment i run an answering machine and a fax with my fritz!pci (isdn card) and
it works quite well. i receive and send faxes and also the answering machine works
well. but my problem is to notify that a call or fax came in. for the answering
machine i got a simple mailscript which sends me periodically a mail with caller
numbers (no matter if it just ringed or a message was recorded). thats a very good
solution for me, i see every number... even if it only ringed. but i dont know how to
notify about an incoming fax. i use c2faxrecv and the faxes come in, but i have to
look manually if there is any in my spool dir. so i often dont recognize that theres a
fax, because i dont always remember "ah, you gotta look for faxes".

with the answering machine there is a lill problem too: it would be nice if i could
see the calling number WHILE it is ringing. my only way is to look into the logfile or
something to see which number it is. but this takes too long, so this is no thing to
use while its running. better would be an added feature like popping up a dialog box
with the calling number, or flashing an OSD with the number or something... does there
exist anything like that?

        arne