No worries. I didn't have time to go reading that source file yet. (Though
someone else may have. ;-) Thanks anyway for your good intention.

I've been googling this quite a lot but not found the information I looked
for. It's kind'a strange, because someone must have this info somewhere.

As side notes,
- The 'flags' entity is described at
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=67535
- The cpuinfo is incompletely described at
http://search.cpan.org/author/JSTOWE/Linux-Cpuinfo-1.5/Cpuinfo.pm , but
even the author of this Perl module admits that he doesn't know anything
about 'wp', which is the cpuinfo entity that I'm currently trying to
understand.

Biker

                      Pat Kerwan

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      net>                     cc:       (bcc: Gustav
Schaffter/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
                                               Subject:  Re: [gentoo-user] cpuinfo
documentation
                      22-09-2003 10:55

                      Please respond to

                      gentoo-user

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:31:56AM -0700, Pat Kerwan wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 09:42:40AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> > Does anyone know where I can find an (in)formal description of the
> > components returned by 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' ?
> >
> > Just need a pointer to the FM ;-)
>
> It's in the kernel source.  See:
>
>     <kernel-source>/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt
>
> - PK

My bad, I spoke too soon.  I did a search in the kernel documentation,
and this was the only file that mentions cpuinfo.  Unfortunately, it
does not describe the contents of the file.

Haven't found anything on that yet.

- PK