I am using:

http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/802.11g/

dirver for that PCMCIA card. There is a dependency in the /etc/init.d/net.eth1 for PCMCIA.

I don't know what else to add there :(

Prabhat

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:38:09PM -0400, Prabhat Gupta wrote:

Hi,

I installed a netgear 802.11g card on my laptop for wireless access. With latest vanilla-source (~x86) everything was working fine.
Then, I changed the kernel to latest gentoo-sources (~x86). Now the wireless connection doesn't connect automatically after boot. I have added it to the default runlevel.

Now everytime, I have to start it explcitly by:

/etc/init.d/net.eth1 stop
/etc/init.d/net.eth1 start

I have to stop first, cause it say it is already started. What could be the problem. I will appreciate any help.

If this were a Prism-based card using the linux-wlan-ng ebuild, I'd say that you need to be sure to start up the wireless LAN (/etc/init.d/wlan) before you start up the network device. This could be accomplished by adding a dependency in /etc/init.d/net.eth1.

Since you're not using that particular software... the best I can do
is an educated guess: you might have a similar dependency for that
software. That is, there might be some other system that has to start
up first for eth1 to come up properly.

Nathan Meyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]