Hi !

I have a dual celeron and it works.
Some packages will only compile on one CPU (then the -j3 is replaced by -j1 in
the ebuild MAKEOPTS="${MAKEOPTS} -j1")
I remember some kde-packages which do this: arts, kdelibs :-( and so on

Do you have your "1-CPU problem" with every package?
I don't know ksim, but the programm top uses a cumulative mode.
You have to press 1 to get each CPU seperate.

Some other questions only for my interest:
Which board do you use? Have you XP or MP?

joe