> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 09:43:37AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:

> Well I've followed the NAT HOWTO and I still can't get it working. I
> have managed to get a DHCP server running, it gives an IP address
> out in the range 10.0.0.0 to 10.0.0.100 - this works. I've attached
> my firewall script, one thing I've noticed is that firewall status
> doesn't say anything regarding NAT when looking at the script it
> should?

> skymoo root # /etc/init.d/firewall status * status: started skymoo
> root #

> Also iptables -L shows nothing regarding NAT

iptables -L -t nat

but you proabably know that by now.

> skymoo root # iptables -L Chain INPUT (policy DROP) target prot opt
> source destination ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere ACCEPT all --
> anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere
> anywhere tcp dpt:ssh LOG all -- anywhere anywhere LOG level warning
> prefix `FIREWALL:INPUT '

> Chain FORWARD (policy DROP) target prot opt source destination

> Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP) target prot opt source destination ACCEPT
> all -- anywhere anywhere skymoo root #

> Any pointers would be appreciated.

I'm not sure I know what your problem is, but this may help.

# basic nat on extrenal device.

This should get your nating working. I highly recommend using LOG to
determine and trouble shoot what is going on in your firewall. If you
have a rule that you don't know what it is doing copy the rule and
replace the -J ACCEPT (whatever) with -j LOG --prefix "TESTING RULE
3" in the first copy of the rule, or even comment out the old one
until LOG is LOGING the rule you want.

happy natting,

Mojo