On Sunday 28 September 2003 18:32, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
> > doesn't work, where eth0 is the connection to the outside world.
> > using ethereal it appears that packets are being received at eth1,
> > the local network, but eth1 is not transmitting these packets. I
> > know that the card that supplies eth1 works as it used to supply
> > eth0 in my old machine.
>
> Is /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward set to "1"? It seems it's not....

You've just reminded me that I'm having the same problem. I very rarely need
to nat on my box so I just forgot...

What kernel are you running? I'm running 2.6.0-test5 and am unable to nat at
all. My rules worked when I was using 2.4 and the earlier 2.6 but at some
stage it stopped. I haven't bothered to figure out when or why yet. So,
perhaps try a different kernel?

Jason