On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 02:08:03PM -0700, Jeff Greene wrote:
> Actually, I'm logged into my machine at home. I have
> an account at school which is different. I want to
> send it from my home machine but use my school's SMTP
> server to get the mail on its way. I see that ssmtp
> supports login and password on the command-line but I
> don't understand where I invoke ssmtp?

You need to tell your mailer about ssmtp, or if it knows about
sendmail you might be able to link ssmtp to /usr/bin/sendmail.
If using mutt then in your .muttrc put:

        set sendmail="/usr/sbin/ssmtp"

Since you have a school account, you might try what I do which is to
access sendmail via ssh.  Set up ssh so you can run a command on your
school account w/o passwd using ssh-agent I think.  Then in .muttrc put
something like this:

        set sendmail="/usr/bin/ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/lib/sendmail"

HTH

Wes