--- Jeffrey Smelser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After Re-Reading this, make sure since your using ReiserFs is either not a module in
> the kernel,
> or your specifying the initrd for it. Or you will have problems.

Can someone please explain this a little better. This doesn't make any sense above.

I keep getting what appear to be strange bootup messages. I don't know if this is
something that I
need to fix or not. Yet everything appears to be working just fine.

"Sep 29 17:57:18 deadmeat kernel: ReiserFS version 3.6.25
Sep 29 17:57:18 deadmeat kernel: VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly.
Sep 29 17:57:18 deadmeat kernel: Trying to move old root to /initrd ... failed
Sep 29 17:57:18 deadmeat kernel: Unmounting old root"

Is this anything to be worried about when I see this uppon bootup everytime?

Here's my "fstab" info:
# NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to opts.
/dev/hda1               /boot           ext3            noauto,noatime          1 1
/dev/hda3               /               reiserfs        noatime                 0 0
/dev/hda2               none            swap            sw                      0 0
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660         noauto,ro               0 0

# NOTE: The next line is critical for boot!
none                    /proc           proc            defaults                0 0

# glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
# POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
# (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
#  use almost no memory if not populated with files)
# Adding the following line to /etc/fstab should take care of this:

none                    /dev/shm        tmpfs           defaults                0 0
Here's what "grub.conf' looks like currently:

default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title= Gentoo Linux
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r7     root=/dev/hda3  vga=795
initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initrd-2.4.20-gentoo-r7

In my kernel under:

Block Devices---->
<*> RAM disk support

(8192)   Default RAM disk size

[*]   Initial RAM disk (initrd) support

[*] Per partition statistics in /proc/partitions

Thanks,
JBanks