On Wednesday 01 October 2003 07:31 am, Michael Gruetzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a strange problem with fonts under X11(4.3.0-r2).
> Sometimes the fonts are very tiny(only a few pixels high) and
> sometimes the fonts are huge. Gtk programs don't seem to be
> affected by this problem, only mozilla and qt programms.
> When the problem appears I have to restart the x server and
> everything is normal.
> What can cause this strange behaviour?
>
> MfG
> Michael

See man XF86Config. In the monitor section there is a "Display Size"
option where you can set the size of your monitor in millimeters.
That info should be available from the monitor users' manual or
website, or the linux monitor database. I believe a standard 19"
monitor (crt) is 363x272 mm
There is another way...

You can pass the resolution to X when you start the server. (Someone
please check my syntax)

$ startx --dpi -75

The # (75 in this case) can be any sane #. I favor between 100 and
120. (I'm currently 112 at 1600x1200 res and 14pt impact fonts are
fine for my old eyes)
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free