Try emerge pD mod_perl

Apache 1.3 should be listed as well as all the dependencies that may or maynot
be needed to run mod_perl.

You should be able to run both servers as long as you make sure that you set
both to listen to different ports.  Maybe Listen 80 for Apache 1.3 and Listen
8080 for Apache 2.  I remember having to do that in Windows XP since M$ made
it difficult to uninstall IIS.  I just chose another port for Apache.

Tell me if it works.  I am thinking about installing 1.3 so I can use
perl_mod.

Kevin

--
Kevin Miller, Jr.