Right now I am searching the "linux usb users" mail list at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=linux-usb-users

please seach with me and if you find anything then send it to gentoo list

Azhdeen wrote:
same here, but that's all I came up with.

that's why I said 'if anyone has a better idea"....

I'm new to bash scripts, but as it was either this or hardcode the device in the script, i chose this.

HTH
Azhdeen