On Thursday 02 October 2003 04:40 pm, Jayson Garrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 13:18, Frank R Callaghan wrote:
> > mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist
> >
> > Any other suggestions please ;)
>
> cdrecord will list the devices in the SCSI chain (even emulated ones).
>
> Do a ...
>
> cdrecord -scanbus

I don't seem to have cdrecord - which package is it in ?

> If it doesn't show the device in the list, when all of your modules are
> loaded, the it's not going to work. What brand of card reader is it? All
> of the SanDisk ones that I have seen work fine.

Its a SanDisk SDDR-31

I just re-compiled the kernel-2.4.22 (virgin) without devfs support
and it now works mounting etc
except all the warning messages about gentoo needing devfs support !
is this true ???

anyhow I really would like to get this working with devfs.

Cheers,
        Frank.