There is:
redhat 9.0 still uses 2.4.20, but an update is due
mandrake 9.1 2.4.21

Gentoo is starting to look dated ...  :)

The reccomended, which is as close as you get to default is gentoo
sources.

I am starting to get hardware that wont run properly on
2.4.20-gentoo-sources - have to use gs-sources instead

2.4.20 gentoo-sources chokes on heavy load - multiple tasks at once,
whereas 2.4.22-gss runs smoothly on the same machine
(workstation/server)

and so on

BillK