Hi gang, sorry for the OT post, but -user is generally full of lots of
smart people :)

I've recently moved my server (ufies.org) from it's old IP of
204.x.x.x to a new one of 65.x.x.x  Many of the namservers have updated
with the changed IP, but the main root server for the .org domain has
not.   Following some directions on this page
(http://www.netadmintools.com/art232.html) I did a look up for the root
of the .org domain (host -C org) to find the TLD which is tld2.ultradns.net

Looking up my server on that root DNS server (host ufies.org
tld2.ultradns.net) gives me the old IP, not the new one. According the
the above URL it sounds like you can force the TTL to decrement, and
eventually time out and get it's information from the main DNS servers
for my domain, but that doesn't seem to work.

Anyone know how often the root servers refresh, or how to tell how long
before they do?  Until the root servers update to the correct IP any
secondary servers will have bad info, which sucks for me.

Any help greatly appreciated.

alan

--
Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net