On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 07:16:26 +0200 momesana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have recently installed the development kernel 2.6.0-test6 and chose the
> same options (as far as it was applicabable) as under 2.4.20. However, when I
> boot with the new kernel I cannot connect to my isp allthough all the
> neccessary drivers are available and loaded on the system. On other
> mailinglists I have seen plenty of emails in which users complained about
> similar problems with the new 2.6.0 kernel but I wasn't able to find any
> solutions. I know that this is not an official release and many bugs may
> still be uncovered but I cannot imagine such a heavy bug to have remained
> unrecognized during development, so I assume this is only a question of
> configuration and tweaking.
>
> Is there anyone with a solution to offer?

I've been running from 2.6.0-test? kernels for several months now (on -test6)
currently with no problems similar to yours.  I'm attaching my kernel config.
You can compare yours to mine, and maybe something will pop up.  You can ignore
most of the netfilter stuff, if you don't have a firewall setup.

HTH.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the