On Wednesday 08 October 2003 00:14, mathieu perrenoud wrote:
> Hello,
> Since two months, everything goes wrong in my pc: erratic disks, mb's
> chipset overheating... And since yesterday, my box has freezed 3 times (the
> three times during OO1.1 compilation).
> So I've decided to blame this on my mobo and to buy a new one, and I new
> CPU btw. (If you think that I'm wrong, thanks to warn me).
> I've compiled every app with the following flags:
>
> CFLAGS="-O3 -march=athlon-xp -funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -pipe
> -fomit-frame-pointer"

After some years of compiling with different gcc versions I state, that using
O3 is a useless waste of time. The binaries are bigger (less catch left for
anything else), the compiling needs a whole lot of time longer than
evverything else and a lot of proggies are not very stable.

Try Os. I am using Os with my athlon-xp for some time now, with pleasurable
results.

Glück Auf
Volker

--
Conclusions
 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even