Thus spake Stroller:
[snip]

> Distribution on DVD might make installation of binaries easier.

For what it's worth, here in the UK, this month's Linux Magazine comes
with Gentoo on the disc (with instructions on how to install from CD
rather than network).  They do a CD version and a DVD version, the
latter having an enormous number of packages.  However, I don't know
whether there're binaries or not -- I couldn't use the thing anyway, my
laptop's <insert lots of swearing here> snazzy firewire CDRW/DVD drive
doesn't like Linux very much at the time of writing.  I'm hoping I can
get this working either with gentoo and my first kernel compile (no luck
yet) or with kernel 2.6.  We'll see... I'm digressing, aren't I...
sorry, I'll shut up now.

Al