I recently installed Gentoo Linux-1.4 and emerged gnome which gave me
gnome 2.4.  I emerged gnucash as well.  I get the following error when
trying to launch help or reports.

gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Failed to contact configuration server (a likely cause
of this is that you have an existing configuration server (gconfd) running, but it
isn't reachable from here - if you're logged in from two machines at once, you may
need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)

aborting...
Aborted

I searched the discussion forum and see that other people had the same
problem.  The consensus is to start gconfd-1 separately but that causes
problems depending on when it is started.  If I start it during gnome
startup then nautilus gets confused and does not draw the
desktop background.

Also, I have "Save Window Geometry" set in the Advanced settings dialog
but the window geometries are not saved.

--
Glenn Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]