> Ian Truelsen wrote:
> > I am looking to get a new video card for my desktop (the old Voodoo 3
> > is starting to show its age). What I would like to know is which of
> > the big two nVidia or ATI are better supported under Linux for
> > framebuffer stuff and for DRI.
> >
> > Given the choice between the two, which would you choose for Linux?
>
> Nvidia - They have better long term driver support
>
> Rick

Great thread. I'm doing a new box and have been an ATI user. However, I need
an adapter with no fan and do not require leading edge 3D support. The ATI
Radeon 9000 model I was using seems to have disappeared, so I didn't know
what to do.

Is there a reasonably priced (<$125) nVidea board with no fan that runs
under Linux? What nVidea type GPU would I be looking for?

Thanks,
Mark