gnome2.4 has been rock solid for me a several weeks now (got it as soon as an ebuild showed up). Have you tried backing off on your CFLAGS (and recompiling)? usually fixes my problems with "unstable" programs.

-chris

William Kenworthy wrote:

gnome 2.4 seems to be having "issues on the two systems I have converted
over so far:

evolution is proving unreliable (multiple lockups), attachment attaching
is not working right (both systems)

stable, nice galeon 2.11 will not compile with gtk2 because epihany,
which is a dependency now requires - reccomend you remove epihany and go
with gtk1, see below.  Went to galeon 1.3.9 (its in portage) but it
seems to be missing a few features as the menus have been reorganised.

mozilla/galeon/epihany will no longer work with any of the internet
banking sites I use in Oz - have had to fall back to netscape 4.7 and IE

Unfortunately I have been too busy to follow up as I need a working
system at the moment, and wish I had waited a bit longer to upgrade.

BillK