On Saturday 18 October 2003 01:33, Kevin Miller, Jr. wrote:

> I have decided that I wanted to give the 2.6 kernel a try.  Right now I am
> debating on which kernel to use, the development-sources or the mm-sources.
> I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook.  Any recommendations?

Try the development-sources first. mm-sources has patches for better desktop
performance but often breaks things. If you try the development-sources first
you will at least know what breaks and what doesn't before getting even more
experimental.

> Also, if I add the 2.6 kernel, will it affect my other 2.4.22 kernels
> (ac-sources and ck-sources)?  Is there something I should do before I
> compile the 2.6 kernel?

Everything that you need has all the proper deps put in place in portage. If
you install manually, check one of the ebuilds to see what deps are required.

Jason