On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:50:28 +0000 "Stephane Brossier"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I think I am not there yet. I did not try to attach my camera.

Gentoo uses devfs for /dev. This means that you won't see anything in
/dev unless a disk is actually there. You'll have to plug in the camera
before the /dev/sd* entries show up.

| >Do you
| >have the appropriate *HCI, USB storage, SCSI generic (needed by some
| >but not all cameras) and SCSI disk modules / built-ins and are they
| >definitely modprobed?
|
| What is "*HCI" Do I need that?

*HCI are the controllers for your USB card. You'll need to modprobe the
appropriate module for your card (assuming you don't have them built
into the kernel, of course). If it's a USB2 card, the module you need is
ehci-hcd. Otherwise, it's either usb-uhci or usb-ohci.

HTH,
--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail:       ciaranm at firedrop.org.uk
Web:        www.firedrop.org.uk
System:     Gentoo Base System version 1.4.3.10p1 Linux 2.4.20-gentoo-r7