Hi Paul,

Sorry, I overlooked that paragraph.

I have been running kde installation for more than 56 hours until interrupted about 15 minutes ago with following warning popup.

make[3]: *** [kuickshow.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.1.4/work/kdegraphics-3.1.4/kuickshow/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.1.4/work/kdegraphics-3.1.4/kuickshow'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.1.4/work/kdegraphics-3.1.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdegraphics-3.1.4 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 137, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src-compile:make

I have no idea why it was interrupted

Now I run
# emerge kde

again. It starts unpacking kdegraphics-3.1.4 tarball downloaded previously from Gentoo website. I will watch its progress.

B.R.
Stephen