On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Wayne Ringling wrote:

> I set up a box to server as my mrtg server,  I want it to both gather
> mrtg/snmp data and display it.  I have gotten everything emerged and
> collecting data.  The box has three heads and I think I have X seeing
> all of them.  I want to launch mozilla-firebird on each screen and set
> each one to display different data from mrtg.  Can someone point me to
> some docs that can help.  I have read about a hundred docs about
> multiheaded boxes but I cant find anything about auto launching to
> different screens on starting X.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

I've never used a multi-headed system, but from what I've seen of them,
you end up with with a virtual single screen (I'm guessing this by the
fact that the mouse goes from one screen to the other).  So, if you can
start mozilla processes, you just need to be able to give it coordinates
at which to place the screens.  You then put these commands in your
.xinitrc.

It may also be possible, depending on your desktop manager, to set up
everything and save it as a profile which gets automatically loaded
(perhaps by logging out when everything is set).

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating