make the /usr/lib/MozillaFirebird/chrome directory writable (su, chmod, ...), install all the extensions you want, then change the permissions on the directory back to the original (755 or something).

yeah, effectively same as below.

-chris

Redeeman wrote:

open the browser as root, then install, then close, and change
permissions on the plugin folder, really simple, and works for sure, i
have done it plenty of time :-)