On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 23:08, Dennis Robertson wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:33, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > Have you been running etc-update?
>
> No, because I thought that would ruthlessly overwrite my entries with updated
> files. I've been doing: find /etc -iname '._cfg????_*' and updating manually
> instead. Is that where I have been going wrong?

It only ruthlessly overwrites if you specifically tell it to do so (the
-3 or -5 options). If you simply type the number of the file to update,
and merge the files, it merges them.

Personally, I merge them manually in a second term while viewing the
diff etc-update shows me because it's still too annoying.