At 08:26 AM 10/24/2003, you wrote:
# slocate -i mozilla-thunderbird

showed
/usr/portage/net-mail/mozilla-thunderbird

If installing from tarball I can give it a path to a selected directory. I am inexperienced on 'emerge' and have no idea whether it can be done in the same way as tarball. It YES then HOW

Given the fact that you can successfully run Thunderbird now, this isn't relevant anymore. You don't have to reply to *every* message that's directed to you either, especially after you've somewhat resolved things. It can just confuse the issue. I mean, I could have wasted my time following up had I not known you've got Tbird running.

I won't be insulted if you don't reply or thank me each time. :-) I don't think others will either.

Regards
Hall