On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 04:49:15PM -0600, Paul Varner wrote:
> By running the test manually from the /var/tmp/portage/perl*/work directory,
> I have determined that the test doesn't like the Config.pm file that was
> configured.  If I copy over my existing Config.pm and run the test manually
> it works, but if I use the one created during the configure and compile
> process, I get the problem listed above.  A diff of the two Config.pm files
> doesn't show anything that jumps out at me.

Since you can compile it if you substitute in your Config.pm
file, are you aware of the process to step through the ebuild
steps one at a time to install a package?  You can use ebuild to
unpack the package (ebuild perl*.ebuild unpack), then configure
and compile it manually, create an empty file named .compiled
somewhere in /var/tmp/perl*/ (I think it would be
/var/tmp/perl*/work/, but I'm not 100% sure that's right), and
then run ebuild perl*.ebuild merge.  There is a FAQ on doing
this that would have all the details.

    - richard

--
Richard Kilgore