Hi Frank and Mike,

Ok, I believe I see the light now Frank. Finally... Heh...

Frank With your previous explanations I see now that I don't need to use the
"FORWARDONLY"
variable. Sorry it took so long.

So now to use dnscache to soley do resolving instead of forwarding on behalf of the
clients
requests I just need to reconfigure my setup via the following: Please let me know if
this is
correct??

Remove the sym linked /service directory. And recreate after performing the following
steps??
Should I stop "svscan" first before performing the above and below steps??

1) Remove the the "FORWARDONLY" variable that I created intially??... when I did

echo 1 > /etc/dnscache/env/FORWARDONLY

2) Repopulate /etc/dnscache/root/servers/@ with previous list of root servers before I
removed
them and added the one ip of the isp dns server?

Umm..where do I get this list of ip's now that I have removed them?? I do notice that
I have a
file /etc/dnsroots.global that lists the following ips.
198.41.0.4
128.9.0.107
192.33.4.12
128.8.10.90