> I have been having trouble with .doc and .xls files written by OO with
> documents to go for my palm..
>
> Mike

Yes. We tried OO, and even SO, here at work and eventually gave up. It was
*compatible*, but not 'compatible'. Most things worked fine, but many
existing doc files didn't format correctly, and printed as hardcopy didn't
look right. Word docs that had anything embedded in them didn't work very
well at all.

We didn't do as much work with Excel. The few tests I tried worked pretty
well, except we did come across a couple of spreadsheets with functions
embedded that SO didn't know about, which was a problem.

Overall, I liked the tools, other than their being pretty slow, and would
have liked to have used them. Unfortunately, when you have to be 100%
compatible with the outside world they were just not good enough right now.

- Mark