On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:04:33 -0600, "Jeffrey Smelser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> responded thusly:
I don't have access to the ebuilds so I would have to check if any of those use crypt..

You can always check the ebuilds and see if crypt is used.

Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.. You can always hit ctrl-c a few times and stop things, add the use, then start again. since your probably not that far along yet.
<snip>

I believe it is used because I had a friend who emerged his KMail with GPG support enabled and configured.

Anyways, I have to go file a bug report. *grumbles* The bootstrap process cannot move past make. I finally just

/usr/portage/scripts/bootstrap.sh > /bootstrap.out 2>&1

so that I can make the bug report (I'll just switch to the second virtual console and move the file from /mnt/gentoo/ to /mnt/floppy so that I can give the full output (if needed)).

Thanks for the help!
--
The only fallacy is the inaction on our part to stave off the worst of horrors, the stripping of personal freedom.