I just installed gentoo for the first time earlier this week. Got everything up and running perfectly. I am very impressed. Anyways... I ran 'emerge openoffice' last night before I left for work, and when I came home there was an error. I went to emerge another package (evolution) and immediatly got another error. Upon rebooting I noticed somewhere it said device is full, so I ran df and noticed that the 2GB /var partition was full and I am assuming that is the reason I cannot run emerge successfully. Why is /var full already? I thought 2GB would be overkill. Was I wrong? What can I do to clean it out? Should I make a larger partition for /var?

Thanks,
Aaron